Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:23:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Don Dugger <dugger@swn.com>
To:        Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sb16, matcd and workman

I'm using workman with my matcd, but I had to make some changes to the code.
The workman code I found at "freebsd.org" (I think in incomeing) didn't support
matcd. There's a list of structs to handle different drives and if it doesn't
find the one in your system it uses a generic one, and the generic uses an
ioctrl() thats not supported by matcd. Sorry I don't have the code with me at
work or I could tell you more. I've been meaning to send the changes in, but no
time of late. If you want them let me know and I'll look them up and send them
in e-mail.

Don 8)

> Hrm... i have matcd support compiled in my kernel... i mount everything
> ok... but when i try any cd player like workman or xcd, it won't
> recognize a cd in the drive.
>
> (i checked to make sure i hadn't mounted anything *grin*)
>
> also, anytime i try to play sound out of my SB16 (to which my matcd is
> plugged into) all i seem to get its static.
>
> all i can configure by jumper on the card is the midi port (300 or 330),
> otherwise everything is software configured.
>
> It all worked fine under linux...
>
> Here are my related configs from dmesg:
>
> matcd - Matsushita (Panasonic) CD-ROM Driver by FDIV, Version  1(26)
> 18-Oct-95 matcdc0 at 0x230-0x233 on isa
> matcdc0 Host interface type 0
> matcd0: [CR-5625.00]
>
> sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
> sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
> sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 7 on isa
> sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
> sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
>  <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
> opl0 at 0x388 on isa
> opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> -Mit

>    Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe at DreamLabs Community Information Network
>               Toronto/Peterborough/Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
>            Web: http://www.dreaming.org/~mitayai  IRC: Mitayai
>                        Email: mitayai@dreaming.org

Don Dugger                    |   e-mail:    dugger@swn.com
Engineering                   |   Voice:     (206) 885-0088
Securicor Wireless Networks   |   Fax:       (206) 885-1087
15379 NE 90th Street          |   WWW:       Coming Soon
Redmond, WA.   98052  USA     |