Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:31:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Damon Anton Permezel <dap@damon.com>
To:        gclarkii@main.brewich.com (Gary B. Clark II)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif question

"Gary B. Clark II sez: "
> Nate Williams wrote:
> > > The jdk115 port uses lesstif-0.81.
> >
> > *yuck*
> That is why I'm still using jdk1.1.2...
> It is linked aginst(sic) lesstif vice linking motif and supplying lesstif...

Where did you get this from?
I had to move away from 112 because the simple "this is my first Java app"
I was writing kept causing the compiler to crap out. (not a porting issue,
as the AIX version suffered similarly).

Additionally, several bugs I fixed in the port, I rely upon (some causal
implications here for the philosophical).

Namely, FP was broken, randomly losing the FP state.  Also, the native method
invokation neglected to save/restore a register, which resulted in fanciful
wanderings/references upon return.

The 115 port, while still quite buggy, in part possibly due to a bunch of
awt/motif changes between 114 and 115, seems at times to be more buggy than
114 (and 114 fixed most of the compiler problems).

There are varying requirements, which appear to be met with varying degrees
of success by the various ports.

Perhaps we can attempt a coordinated effort to address some of these problems?

(Attempting to move this to freebsd-java...)