Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 15:18:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: React to ICMP administratively prohibited ?

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Jesper Skriver wrote:

> > or just stop filtering totally.
>
> Which is not a option in this case, and in the real world it's that
> uncommon.
>
> I'll see if I can get code together which will do this.
>
> If we leave this off by default, would people object to putting in
> this functionality ?
>
> /Jesper

What's the point?  If people complain about a badly setup MX behind a
firewall, are you going to respond and tell them to flip a sysctl?

This isn't a case of interoperability with a common TCP stack which needs
to be lived with.  It's a case of something that is broken even with the
suggested "fix".

The correct thing to do in this situation is to configure sendmail
properly so that the MX silliness isn't needed.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack