Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 2010 21:43:37 +0200
From:      Andrey Kosachenko <andrey.kosachenko@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 3.5.1, take 2

Hi,

On 15.01.2010 16:12, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's take two of the update to Eclipse 3.5.1.
>
> This version is similar to the previous one with a few changes:
> - - Fixed the plugin not started after installation

Awesome!
Looks like issue has gone (though I followed links mentioned within
Makefile and didn't understand the root of the issue).

> - - Fixed a redraw problem that would occur with gtk>= 2.18

looks good (earlier I had to resize window to get the content rendered).
Right now it works as expected.

Thanks!

BTW:
lately I mentioned the issue when eclipse crashes periodically (eclipse
was signaled with SIGSEGV). It happens on 9.0-current with
JAVA_VENDOR=freebsd (diablo-jdk). Even having COMPAT_FREEBSD7 in the
kernel and misc/compat7x installed didn't help here. However switching
to openjdk6 helped. So, may be it is worth to add smth. like belows to
Makefile (I guess it is also possible to replace openjdk with bsdjava
and it should work too)?

.if ${OSVERSION} >= 900000
JAVA_VENDOR=    openjdk
.endif