Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 96 10:42:48 +0100
From:      Armando Ferreira <armando_ferreira@il.us.swissbank.com>
To:        Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
Cc:        Philip Milne <philip_milne@il.us.swissbank.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org, armando_ferreira@il.us.swissbank.com, charlie_conklin@il.us.swissbank.com
Subject:   Re: Nightmare.

Hi,

The command that I actually used was tar -cvf /dev/rsd0a /

I have since built FreeBSD on a different disk which is working fine. What I
need to do now, is to check that the /usr partition of the old disk was not
damaged.

I don't know how to mount the /usr partition of the old disk because I expect
it to have the same device name as /usr in the new disk.

Is there a way I can distinguish them ?

Thanks for your help,
Armando

Begin forwarded message: