Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 22:36:24 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: General policy on trademark violations

On Fri, Feb 13, 1998 at 01:32:21PM -0800, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Eivind Eklund wrote:
>
> > If they'd wanted to avoid the problem and do a public relations coup,
> > they should have offered to sell a license for a symbolic sum ('an
> > undisclosed sum' as they tend to call such things :-)
>
> What sort of public relations coup would that be? Making a few
> anal-retentive people on an obscure mailing list happy about keeping
> something they never use hardly counts as a `coup' in my books.

For essensially zero cost they'd be able to have us send a very
positive announcement to 1/2 million FreeBSD users.  They could
certainly have included some requirement to announcements in the
release-notes etc.

I'd say they had a nice opportunity for showing that "we're the good
guys", and they would have gotten the attention of people that
otherwise don't really give a hoot about Boggle (like me).

Eivind.