Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 18:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAKEDEV making symbolic link, not mouse dev.

I am trying to get my mouse going so I can run Xwindows. My mouse comes up
in dmesg as:

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa

I don't know where I got this, but I suspect the device file to be tty00
or mouse. However, if I do "/dev/MAKEDEV tty00" then /dev/tty00 is NOT
created, and no error message is given. If I try "/dev/MAKEDEV mouse" then
a symbolic link, /dev/mouse is created, linked to ITSELF....

Thanks to all those who responded to my fstab problem, it works fine now.
Thanks in advance to any who will shed light on my mouse dilemma.

Ken Marsh