Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:05:56 -0800
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How microsoft hires (was: Anti-Unix Site Runs Unix)

* Anthony Atkielski (anthony@freebie.atkielski.com) [020403 20:53]:
> Benjamin writes:
>
> > I'm curious ... where you got all of this
> > intimate information on how Microsoft's
> > ranks work, because frankly it sounds like
> > bullshit.
>
> The information came from Microsoft.

This information came from Mars.
(Nice response from someone who in one of his 12 splintered threads insisted
that intelligent folks would demand a more in depth explaination to an open
ended qestion)

> > I could be wrong, of course, but I trust
> > that the many Microsoft parties, and friends
> > I have working at Microsoft in positions
> > ranging from Technical Support to Development
> > don't lie to me when we talk shop.
>
> What are they telling you?

Among other things, anyone who has a position above technical support has a
degree. If they don't, they're damned smart or were hired before circe 1997. I
only know 1 microsoft developer without a degree. Microsoft also requires new
developers and data center operators to have an up to date MCSE.

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)