Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:40:30 -0700
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>, Geoff Jukema <gjukema@teamsoftech.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Marcel Mason" <marcel@nunanet.com>
Subject:   Re: X & kde : lovin it!

At 04:34 PM 6/18/98 -0700, Tim Gerchmez wrote:

>I tried installing KDE, but decided setting it up wasn't worth the effort
>to me (I do a lot of stuff in text mode anyway).  So I mainly use Afterstep
>these days, and occasionally fvwm when I miss the Win95 interface :-)...
>anything but the default X interface is an improvement, no matter how
>unconfigurable it may be.  Windowmaker looks interesting too, but I haven't
>really gotten a grasp on it yet.

Hmmm, I haven't seemed to get Windowmaker running well too.  For some
reason the icons don't show.  I also run KDE, and I love it!  Anyways, I
was wondering if there was a mailing list about X and stuff for FreeBSD?
If not, let's make one...a list discussion about window managers,
configurations, and software for the X enviroment. Anyways, just a thought.

Joey