Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 18:20:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   wincast/tv which one?

Hi Gang:

I just picked up a Stealth 3D 2000 clone video card that will hopefuly
work with WinCast/TV, and I am about to order my WinCast from iQVC.

The only question I have is, to what extent does FreeBSD 2.2.1 and
3.0-current support listening to the radio with WinCast/TV Stereo Sound
with FM Radio Sound?

Being a graduate student, I am naturaly quite the cheap-skate, but seeing
that I graduate soon and have a job lined up, and am still using this
horrible sounding Grundig radio made in the 70's, I am wondering wether it
would be worth it to spend the extra $20 for the FM radio receiver
feature. Is there a program like fxtv that I could use to listen to FM
radio with this card?

Along the same lines, just wondering.. Does FreeBSD/fxtv actualy properly
suport stereo and dbx decoding or would I be wasting my money if I bought
a card that included this feature?

Last question.. Coming out of the wincast TV I gather is line level audio.
How weak is it?? I won't be getting my GUS MAX for another month. Is it
strong enough that I can amplify it with my multimedia speakers/amplifier?
I suppose since it's line level audio, I won't be able to plug headphones
into it and get acceptable audio levels though, right?

Thanks!

Bernie