Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 13:29:38 -0400
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        "Raymond Richmond" <richmond@cronus.oanet.com>, <bsdi-users@bsdi.com>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Popper errors.

What are your permissions on /var/mail? Popper runs as the user retrieving
mail, and needs sufficient permissions to write a temporary file. What I do
is use Qualcomm's popper, and before compilation I specified the temp. dir.
to be /var/mail/poptemp and made that directory mode 1777. Sure it's
another directory that is world writable, but I figure your /var partition
should be designed to handle big fluctuations in size. I suppose you could
also just specify /tmp as the place to make the temporary file.

Bradley Dunn
Harbor Communications