Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 15:24:55 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   suggestions for fixit floppy

Suggestion for a small enhancement to the Boot Floppy.

I had to repair a bad disk label on my `current' FreeBSD,
& used the 1.2M 950210-Snap.

(D)isklabel (E)dit Changesize
only allows one to edit sizes in Megabytes ...
Not helful when one knows the precise sector count required
(not a multiple of N Megabytes).

I suggest the input routine be slightly enhanced to allow e.g.
s130000 to force a sector count of 130000, (as opposed to 130000 Mbyte).

It'll add a few bytes of code, but it'll enhance the recovery capability of
the Boot Flop, & will add less extra space than the existing N Meg to number
of sectors conversion presumably does.

(I don't know how the new 2.0.5 boot floppy performs, haven't got one yet.)

Julian S