Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2011 06:39:12 -0800
From:      pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
To:        Peter Harrison <four.harrisons@googlemail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default Samba port?

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Peter Harrison
<four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Can anyone advise me the appropriate Samba port to install - the handbook=
 refers to samba34, but I see samba35 and samba36 in in ports. This is for =
a home server, so I'm not necessarily looking for production standard, but =
something that "just works" on RELEASE-8.2 amd64.

your best bet may be to install a prebuilt package via:
pgk_add -r samba

that is unless you need some non-standard knobs tuned.

-pete

--=20
pete wright
www.nycbug.org