Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:54:50 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: alpha tinderbox failure

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> --+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

> > =3D=3D=3D> vinum
> > "Makefile", line 4244: warning: duplicate script for target "geom_bsd.o" =
> ignored
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> >=20
> Poul,
>
> Can you please remove the "geom_bsd.c" script from either
> sys/conf/files or all of sys/conf/files.*?

This is not the cause of the problem.  The build is not disturbed by
this config(8) bug.

The reason for the failure is that the alpha bus_sppace code does not
have the function that ahd needs.  It either needs to be implemented
or ahd needs to be removed from the alpha build.  ahd works on ia64
and sparc64, so dont add it to the i386-only section.

However, there are hundreds more failures after this.  Fixing this one
just gets us to the next failure.

Cheers,
-Peter