Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:22:47 -0600
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SUP

At 12:12 PM 3/26/97 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> I understand that.  It might have been nice to give warning.  However,
>
>[jkh beats his head against the wall]
>
>But I'm saying we DID give warning!  Lots of warning!  More than
>adequate warning!  The problem is that people don't friggin' LISTEN to
>warnings when we give them!  We might as well be talking to a field of
>stumps when we say "Sup is going away soon!  Everyone upgrade to CVSup
>and CTM OK?  OK??"

[Defense of Jordan's efforts mode: ON]

I am one of the "lower life forms" (basic clueless admin type), but I do
subscribe to stable, current and announce.  ---> Even I knew Sup was a dead
dog, and that you should switch to CVSup. There was quite a conversation
about it at the time. I don't use any of them at the moment, but I checked
out CVSup when I saw the change notice (quite a while ago).

[Defense of Jordan's efforts mode: OFF]

Now, of course, that's not to say that I haven't missed something in the
messages, then asked Jordan why he didn't announce it :)

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm caught in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.