Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:32:25 +0300
From:      Vagner <root.vagner@gmail.com>
To:        Rick N <solarux@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Russian's laws

On 09:33 Sat 31 Oct , Rick N wrote:

>  We're all certifiable with the *BSD's, no pun intended. :)
>   I'm not sure if this helps but there is accepted "certs" for the BSD's.
>
>  http://www.bsdcertification.org/ -and it's fairly cheap.
>
> as far as your "...How do you fight against corruption & bureaucraty in the government itself?..."
>
>   well, UNFORTUNATELY, every country in the world HAS THAT problem.
>

> GL
>

> Rick.

> > Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:19:56 +0300
> > From: root.vagner@gmail.com
> > To: freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
> > Subject: FreeBSD vs Russian's laws
> >
> > Good day! I wanted to share with you the situation in Russia and hear
> > advice. In Russia introduced a law "On personal data" and the
> > corresponding standarts. In accordance with these standarts process
> > personal data (ie 80% of all data in the enterprise) can only by
> > certified operating systems and software.
> > Certified happening in the Federal Security Service in Russia (FSB in USA). But FreeBSD doesn't certify anyone.
> > That is, in Russia are trying to ban the use os Freebsd and similar.
> > For the use of face criminal liability. What do i do not kwow, but
> > refuse to use FreeBSD, i don't intend to.  Thks
> >
> > --
> > Respectfully,
> > Stanislav Putrya
> > System administrator
> > "RMK Kovsh" Ltd.
> > IM: 328585847
> > mob. phone: +79525600664
> > email: root.vagner@gmail.com
> > email: vagner_rider@bk.ru

Rick, the main problem lies in the fact that Russia's goverment exactly
as the laws are not oriented in this matter on the international
certification. It seems that in Russia trying to break as minnimum
citizens feedom of choise and competition policy:(

--
Respectfully,
Stanislav Putrya

 ( ) ASCII ribbon campaign