Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 16:15:01 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu
Cc:        yergeau@gloworm.Stanford.EDU, FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: c++filt

 * > Most of guts for c++filt is in cplus-dem.c, which is included with
 * > GNU liberty.  If you look at the Makefiles and the source...

 * It's not our package, it's GNU's, and I don't think cutting it up that
 * way is an ethical thing to do.  I will post a request to them to release
 * it separately, but until then, I guess you have to make binutils to get it.

Hey guys, I just realized that we already have this in our source
tree! :O

>> ls /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/libiberty/cplus-dem.c
 65 /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/libiberty/cplus-dem.c

I'm not sure what you mean by ethical, but I don't think they will
mind if we make a separate program out of it.  After all they already
put a target for it in the Makefile (in the original...the one we have
doesn't) and a #ifdef MAIN to support the compilation.

It's too late to put this in 2.0.5R core distribution, but I'll see if
I can still make a port out of it.  It will be one of the smallest
(and fastest if you already have the source, no need to ftp) ports
around! :)

Satoshi