Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:20:05 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfing@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended IDE-to-USB bridge chipsets and hard drive enclosures?

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:01:28 +0200
"G. Mirov" <g.mirov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Device(0x6830) reveals that it's a Cypress xx6830xx chipset based
> bridge, but Is there a way to find out the exact chipset ID (Cypress
> 7C68300A-56PVC) of a connected bridge under FreeBSD?

Sorry, I don't know anything about that.

> Could you tell me what kind of read/write performance you get with and
> without the Icy Box enclosures you mentioned? Thank you.

I haven't done any tests of read / write performance. I use these diske
for testing various versions of various operating systems (mainly *BSD)
on various machines I have. In that area, I haven't noticed that the
external disks are any slower than the internal disks in the machine.

But again, I haven't done any tests.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen