Date:      01 Jul 2002 10:35:00 +1000
From:      Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Benfield <mike@duckbrain.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org

--=-iLnYW3TGHRh7yQKqVlju

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 01:16, Michael Benfield wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 01:06:08PM -0500, Ben wrote:
> > I would like to know when FreeBSD would be available for ppc.
>=20
> yeah, me too. Unfortunately no one on this mailing list seems to know.
> I've been on this mailing list for a while and seen this question
> and similar questions asked several times. Everyone who asks either
> gets no response at all, or gets an insulting response that tells
> nothing about FreeBSD PPC. I think maybe I'll go to NetBSD.

The reason you're not getting much of a response is that there's only
myself and one or two others working on this and I personally can't
devote my full time to it since I'm doing it in my spare time.

We can't give a hard date on when it'll be usable, but we're getting
there.  I got my iMac to the point where it acquires an NFS root and
then keels over trying to start init.  I'll be making a big noise when I
get to single-user, and an even bigger one when I get to multiuser.

--=20
Benno Rice
benno@FreeBSD.org

--=-iLnYW3TGHRh7yQKqVlju