Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:55:19 -0400
From:      David Sledge <dsledge@appriss.com>
To:        David Sledge <dsledge@appriss.com>
Cc:        Yamada Ken Takeshi <ken@tydfam.jp>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org
Subject:   Re: Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

Yamada Ken Takeshi wrote:
>>   I have a question with your eclipse.shar.
>>
>>   Callisto is supposed to load cdt/gef/... after installing the base
>> eclipse 3.2 from update site
>> "http://download.eclipse.org/callisto/releases".  However, if I try
>> to update eclipse using "Software Update", this port returns
>> "Resulting configuration does not contain the platform" and I cannot
>> install these plugins from update site.
>>   Is it because of my inappropriate installation or something missing?
>>
>>   I think that we do not need some of eclipse-* ports once we
>> successfully port eclipse 3.2 Callisto - I mean that existing
>> eclipse-* can remain as it is by strictly defining that they are for
>> 3.1.2 ONLY.

I was able to install cdt without any error on x86 using "software
updates". I did have a problem trying to create a "managed make c
project". "standard make c project" seems to be working ok as far as I
can tell. I was able to create a test c file and a makefile, then
compile and run the app from eclipse. I do not have much experience with
cdt. I do see the following error in the log when I tried to create the
"managed make c project".

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2006-08-11 14:34:39.646
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.createControl(CProjectPlatformPage.java:210)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:180)
        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.NewManagedProjectWizard.createPageControls(NewManagedProjectWizard.java:99)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:614)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.setWizard(WizardDialog.java:989)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1041)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$2(WizardDialog.java:1038)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$4.run(WizardDialog.java:1028)