Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 06:09:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        lomag@lomag.net (Mark Skurzynski)
Cc:        Greg.Quinlan@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk (Greg Quinlan), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "talk" appears broken!

> Greg Quinlan wrote:

I saw a similar problem with ntalkd in -current 2 months or so
ago.  My friend and I both tried being the originator of the
talk request and it sat around "waiting for invitation...".
We got the timing down right twice and we got connected,
but 98% of the time it did the "waiting for..." junk.
I had forgotten about it until now.

His talk client and daemon were on a BSDI machine, if I remember right.

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org or mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net