Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:42:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Francisco Reyes <freyes@inch.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMC EZcard or Linksys ethernet?

What is the output of dmesg? Did you compile in the drivers for the
card? Did you check the settings through userconfig? You can modify them
at boot time there if you like.

Are they Plug and Play? Do the cards work in other machines? Under other
OS's?

Could you be more explanatory in your messages? The message below is
very brief and hardly anything to go on.

Nick

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Francisco Reyes wrote:

 > I have tried two ISA NE2000 compatible cards in a computer and neither
 > of them seems to be recognized.
 >
 > I Made them both 280H, IRQ 5 since that is where freebsd seemed to be
 > looking from them (from the output of dmesg and some documents I found
 > on the web..)
 >
 > There is another card on the computer; a PCI card.

ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy