Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 05:38:10 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A first encounter with 'vi'

Ohhh... all right... We're all working on becoming professional Unix System
Administrators, and our goals are working toward that point.  Eventually
we'll all be making $100,000+/year administrating large *nix networks for
major companies like AT&T, Sprint and IBM.

Better? ;-)

BTW, just an observation... the more I use BSD, the more I come to like it.
 I wish there was money to be made writing BSD shareware (alas, most of it
is free or something similar can be gotten free, and the user base is small
compared to Windows) or I'd consider dumping Win95 and NT and just using
FreeBSD - every time I use it is like an adventure discovering something
new - it's truly exciting (Yes, I'm finally sick to death of 90's cynicism
(the decade is almost over, thank goodness), and am speaking from the heart
here).  I'm a shareware author and write Win32 shareware, for which there
is a huge potential market - so I can't lose Win95/NT, unfortunately,
unless I want those checks to stop coming in (and being that I'm currently
on disability and receiving $458/month, those extra checks come in real
handy).  Now, would someone get to work on writing a Win32 emulator that
runs any and all Windows 95/NT software so I can dump these OS's?
Preferably an ex-MS employee who's been on both the Win95 and NT design
teams, was fired from Microsoft for using BSD on his machine at work, and
holds a serious grudge ;-)

Tim

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.