Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:47:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        John Indra <john@indocyber.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.1 is not mounting VCD and audio CD's.

John Indra writes:
> Thus, what is the reason or why can't I used VCD player apps (such as mtv)
> to watch certain VCD movies under FreeBSD (cause FreeBSD can't mount those
> VCDs)?

It sounds to me like you just answered the question. You can't use VCD
player apps to watch certain VCD movies because FreeBSD can't mount
them. The obvious next question is "why can't I mount them?" The
answer to that one is either "because the version of FreeBSD you're
using doesn't have the VCD file system" (if "certain" actually means
"any" VCDs), or "I can't tell without the error message".

I would recommend taking either next question to
multimedia@freebsd.org, where people who know a lot more about VCDs
than I do hang out.

	<mike