Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:40:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net (David Kelly)
Cc:        smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: FBSD license and multiple copyright holders

David Kelly wrote:
> Dag-Erling Coidan Sm rgrav writes:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be a ball to see Microsoft print "This product includes
> > software developed at the University of California, Berkeley" on the
> > cover of every single Windows 98 or Windows NT CD?
>
> Think you just answered your own question, UCB might not care to be
> that closely associated (rightly or wrongly) with Microsoft. Who would
> want to be associated with Microsoft's network layer?
>
> Then again, it would be a hoot to see Microsoft squirm.

	remember what ms did to stacker.  UCB would be wasting its
	money going after ms, as a practical matter.   perhaps, once
	the doj suit gets rolling and ms is is "deep litigation"...
	wait for a critical time in the suit...then file.

	squeeze when they are already in trouble and snuff 'em.

	my....that's rather extreme, isnt it ;)
jmb