Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:53:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Bruce M. Walter" <walter@fortean.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest install stuff not working?

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> After 'bootstrapping' myself with NetBSD on an alphastation 600, I now am
> running on the multia (haven't got syscons to print a prompt to the
> monitor yet tho)

I tried this not too long ago from NetBSD-current (1.3H) on my Personal
Workstation 500au and a src/ tree from approximately 8-9 days ago.  The
results were, well, not good :(  I had thought it might no longer be
possible to bootstrap from NetBSD.

Is there some instructions I'm missing outside of mounting the FreeBSD
source tree on /usr/src, creating /usr/obj and running:

make -m /usr/src/share/mk buildworld ???

I was able to get some milage out of it, but had some problems with mtree.
I found removing -lmd from the mtree Makefile allowed the build to
progress for the first two or three times mtree gets built, but finally
fails with linker errors on attempting to find MD5File.

- Bruce

Bruce M. Walter, Principal
NIXdesign Group Inc.

426 S. Dawson Street