Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:40:09 +0200
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        geom@freebsd.org, Dario Freni <saturnero@freesbie.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS: geom_vol_cd9660 class

--=-8DxkoChrL/3R3miS56Yx

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 22:22 +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 10:06:58PM +0200, Dario Freni wrote:
> +> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> +> > What's wrong with glabel(8)?
> +>=20
> +> Honestly, I didn't know it before. Looking into NanoBSD code I saw it
> +> use GEOM_VOL, so I started investigate on geom_vol_ffs and write this
> +> tiny class. Agreeing with Andreas Kohn on current@:
> +>=20
> +> <quote>
> +> But, the really important question is: why is there geom_vol_ffs and
> +> geom_label? Apparently I wasn't the only one who did not see
> +> geom_label  :)
> +> </quote>
>=20
> That's actually my fault. I wanted to remove geom_vol_ffs long time
> ago to not confuse the users.

FYI, I found geom_vol_ffs via the bsdcan-04.slides.geom.pdf page 23, and
after not seeing geom_vol_cd9660 (the obvious name following from the
slides) started to build my own (using geom_vol_ffs as base, obviously).
I found geom_label because I had some locking problems and was searching
for sample code IIRC.

Instead of removing geom_vol_ffs without any traces, could it be helpful
to link geom_vol_ffs manpage (there is none currently) to glabel?

Regards,
--
Andreas

--=20
<TalisA> was macht man eigentlich auf einer linux-gamer lan ? hl server
aufsetzen und freuen ? *duck* ^^

--=-8DxkoChrL/3R3miS56Yx

--=-8DxkoChrL/3R3miS56Yx--