Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:18:10 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD - where? (Was Re: Warning, PeterW needs sleep!)

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:

> > I belive I have positive confirmation of at least one FreeBSD laptop
> > down there already :-)
>
> There is a 486DX/2-66 running FreeBSD at Amundsen station (yes, I tend
> to keep track of people who post and where they post from).

There's a reasonable (but not huge) chance that we'll get one or two of
our radar systems down there in the next 6-12 months.  There's already
at least one of our older DOS-based systems which is ripe for the
upgrading 8)

Then there's the Lidar that the AntDiv are building; we'd love to do
the back end for it, but I think they want to do it in-house.
(They're welcome to the control side of things, keeping an FP
interferometer happy is not my idea of fun 8(, but the data
acquisition system would be entertaining. )