Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 16:37:19 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "M. Poulin" <mpoulin@honk.org>, "Tegels, Kent" <KTegels@hdrinc.com>
Subject:   RE: What to do with new hardware...

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:22:46 -0600, Tegels, Kent wrote:

>My significant other advises against dual booting with Win98 (it doesn't
>seem to like RedHat and may not like FreeBSD).

I have an ASUS TX-97 with an AMD K6-233 running Winblows 98 (for my
nine yr-old), Red Hat 5.whatever, and FreeBSD 3.0R withour incident.  I
use OS/2's Boot Manager because I have plenty of OS/2 licenses (and it
comes with Partition Magic, too).

All the problems I've had with Win98 have been Microsoft's fault...

Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.