Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:56:53 -0700
From:      Kevin Bailey <noone@nowhere.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed0 broken in 4.1.1 ?

I upgraded to 4.1.1 via make buildworld/installworld. When I
booted the new kernel, it didn't see my ethernet NIC. It
didn't say 'not found'; it didn't mention the card AT ALL.
Yet it does show the ed0 configuration:
> en ed0

I suspected I screwed something up and proceeded to make
and boot 4.1.1 boot/install floppies. That kernel didn't
mention my ethernet card either!

I managed to keep a 4.1.0 GENERIC kernel around and so I'm
successfully running with it but, since the rest of my
system is 4.1.1, I'd really like the 4.1.1 kernel to see
my card.

It's a D-Link DE-something, NE2000 compatible AFAIK. It
uses ed0, of course. It does not use the standard IO
address or IRQ but I entered those wherever needed (and,
if I got them wrong, I'd expect a message saying 'ed0
not found at ...'.)

I haven't seen anyone else mention the problem on -questions.
Any ideas anyone ?

P.S. Reply address is bogus, please reply to list.