Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 12:45:07 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Scott Mace <smace@crash.ops.neosoft.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Space Shuttle Mission is being broadcasted

RIn message <199506282149.OAA01416@rah.star-gate.com> you write:
>Well, there has been some slight problems on the MBONE.

'slight' is putting it lightly.

>BTW: Does anyone if we  can generate the bogus ICMP messages mentioned
>in the enclosed mail.

No, we don't.  Generally the ICMP messages are generated by ancient boxes
running ancient software; the bug has been fixed long ago.  (check
/sys/netinet/ip_icmp.c:

        /* Don't send error in response to a multicast or broadcast packet */
        if (n->m_flags & (M_BCAST|M_MCAST))
                goto freeit;

  Bill