Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:46:25 +0100
From:      "Paco Cubi" <francisco.cubi@gmail.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   found --again-- something weird on handbook chapter 8.3

As on my mail of Wed, Mar 07, 2007 I'm reporting what I thing is a mistake
on handbook's chapter 8.3:

The third paragraph states "*Note:* If there is *not* a
/usr/src/sysdirectory on your system, then the kernel source has not
been installed. The
easiest way to do this is by running sysinstall as root, choosing Configure=
,
then Distributions, then src, then sys. "

But my experience has been that before perfoming this operation make
operation didn't started and show a "dont know how to make" message. My
intuition told me that also the "base" of the "saurce" should be added. I
tryed it an it worked! I believe that the third parragraph should be writte=
like this:

"*Note:* If there is *not* a /usr/src/sys directory on your system, then th=
kernel source has not been installed. The easiest way to do this is by
running sysinstall as root, choosing Configure, then Distributions, then sr=
c,
then sys AND BASE. "

I'm quite sure this is the proper answer but since I'm new to this someone
experienced should check this out!

Cheers.

Francisco J. Cub=ED Murcia