Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:53:06 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, David Langford <root@dihelix.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

Well okay don't get quake , get Terminal Velocity with 3d hardware
support and of course a GUS MAX except that it only works in dos land.

>>> "Jordan K. Hubbard" said:
 > > As for Caldera, now that is the example of the kind of software we should
 > > be trying to get natively for FreeBSD, not the latest spiffy game.

I still think that games are a preferred commodity to go after than
more geek stuff. This is sort of a split between scientific or
business market vs. the home market. In fact, both markets are
not mutually exclusive.

Actually, I think is very hard to sell the merit of games or entertainment
to an OS and Unix centered group such as this. It used to be hard to sell
the multimedia stuff, audio and video. Now is hard to sell the idea of games.
At least there is progress.

Oh Well...

 > I just got off the phone with Visix (and sent them some FreeBSD CDs).
 > They didn't say "no" outright, anyway, and we'll just have to see.
 > Porting to FreeBSD is still an implicit act of faith for any ISV of
 > reasonable size, and it's a delicate affair.  Let's just take it one
 > step at a time.

Cool! Our fearless leader in action.

BTW: Any other companies that we think should be approach?

	Amancio