Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 17:02:02 -0400
From:      "Craig .regexp. Struble" <cstruble@quirk.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A little off-topic, but..  Fresco?

On Tue, June 27, 1995 at 01:57:26 (+0100), Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
 > I finally decided to build Fresco after going through the whole X11 build
 > anyway (to link with -lgnumalloc, which does seem to work well for me at
 > least so far).  However, I see a rather large lack of sample APPLICATIONS
 > for the thing.  Hmmm?  How are people testing the resulting library, if
 > I may ask?

Well before Fresco will work, MAJOR changes in ld.so are
necessary. Doug Rabson (dfr@render.com) has written some of the
changes, and I've been testing them. They fix most of the problems I
was having with Fresco. I'll let Doug discuss the changes he's
made. He did post about his changes a few weeks back, but he seemed to
be summarily ignored. Maybe now he can bring things back up again.

I've gotten Fresco to build, albeit I hacked my way through it. I'll
be happy to send my FreeBSD.cf and the other files I have.

BTW, the version with X11R6 is OLD. If you look at the link

	http://www.faslab.com/fresco/HomePage.html

You'll find where to get the latest version.

	See ya later,
		Craig
--
Craig Struble - Grad Student, Consultant, |
Student ACM Co-President, Virginia Tech   | The space reserved for more