Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2001 00:04:53 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
To:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NatWest? no thanks

Nils Holland [Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:06:34PM +0100]:

Well, you could find such forum on http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_os.shtml

> Open up Microsoft Word. Type the folowing exactly as shown: "I cannot let
> a sentence start with a non-capital letter. here is the proof!"

It's easy to turn it off. MS Word has also many other features (even those
turned-on by default), which are not available on Unix, no matter which
(native) office suite we would use.

> created stupid, because it seems as if MS doesn't want to give me the
> right to start sentences with non-capital letters unless I specifically

Sue them.

> I guess that on FreeBSD with KDE or GNOME, you can put your effort into
> other, creative things. You can, however, also decide not to do that and
> instead play the game "the hard way". It's that flexibility that I regard
> as important.

KOffice sucks, it's not for human use, it's untested, it's unuseable. I'd
rather learn to write / read pure TeX, that use that so-called Office package.

--
[ Michal Pasternak     doc@lublin.t1.pl     +48606570000  ]
[ sklepy internetowe, bazy danych, programy na zamówienie ]