Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 17:28:35 -0400
From:      "Craig .regexp. Struble" <cstruble@quirk.com>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A little off-topic, but..  Fresco?

On Thu, June 29, 1995 at 14:19:18 (-0700), Jeffrey Hsu wrote:
 >   >I'll let Doug discuss the changes he's
 >   >made. He did post about his changes a few weeks back, but he seemed to
 >   >be summarily ignored.
 >
 > Rest assured that this is not the case.  Doug has commit privileges
 > and has already gotten some if not all of his changes into the
 > current source tree.  Makes it rather hard to be summarily ignored.

Well, I tend to be clueless about who does and who doesn't have
commit priviledges. Trying to keep up with the few hundred mailing
messages I get every day is hard enough :-)

Ok, that's good to hear, because the changes he made and sent to me
made dish work, which makes me believe they are on the right
track. There's a few other nagging issues about just how to search for
dynamically loaded objects. The way Fresco is packaged, it tries to
dlopen libblah.so. Since FreeBSD doesn't have symbolic links floating
around to point to the latest libblah, this doesn't quite cut it.

The question is, what is the best way to ask for libraries to dynamically
load without running into various version problems? Doug and I haven't
come up with a good solution.
	See ya later,
		Craig
--
Craig Struble - Grad Student, Consultant, |
Student ACM Co-President, Virginia Tech   | The space reserved for more