Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:51:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com, ponds!rivers@freefall.freebsd.org, sag.space.lockheed.com!handy@dg-rtp.dg.com
Subject:   Re: sio issues (silo overflows on a pentium, locked in ttywait, etc...)

> Here is my throwaway lkm and auxiliarly program for testing bus hogging.
..

OK, after doing s/lkm_nullcmd/nosys/, and changing the include files to
be the same as the example lkm, it works.

> Compile and run the hogtime utility.  Start processes to exercise the
> bus hog(s), e.g., `dd bs=1024k </dev/rsd0 >/dev/null'.  Watch the
> output from hogtime.

For my main disk, here are typical #'s:
min = 23, av = 38, max = 58

And for the second disk, which is an old 40M SCSI disk which is only
used for swap.

min = 23, av = 25, max = 59

Are these #'s in ms?

Nate