Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 07:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Jason Lewis <lewis@icarus.weber.edu>
Cc:        Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microdyne NE2500 Nics

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Jason Lewis wrote:
> If it helps, I have the same problem as you.  I have recompiled my kernel
> many time and have come to the following conclusion.  Support for the
> NE2500 network cards have been dropped out of 4.x .  My cards work great
> in 2.2.5 .

You can probably fake up the correct hints for an ISA attachment by using
the ECU to figure out where the cards resources are.

> On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Chameleon wrote:
>
> >Sorry... these are ISA cards... not eisa
> >
> >At 09:24 AM 10/31/00 -0800, Chameleon wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>Just got a pair of NE2500 eisa nics that i want to throw in my
> >>firewall/router, but i can't seem to get them recognized in 4.1.1-RELEASE.
> >>I tried putting them in as lnc0, but it was a no go.
> >>Does anyone know what settings to use to make these work? or do i have to
> >>use them in a window box?
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>
> >>Swen
> >>
> >>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>Your mouse has moved.
> >>Windows NT must be restarted
> >>for the change to take effect.
> >>
> >>Reboot now? [ OK ]
> >>
> >>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> >>with "unsubscribe freebsd-hardware" in the body of the message

> >Your mouse has moved.
> >Windows NT must be restarted
> >for the change to take effect.
> >
> >Reboot now? [ OK ]

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-hardware" in the body of the message

| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |
| http://www.jurai.net/~winter |  For Great Justice!  | ISO8802.5 4ever |