Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:25:46 -0600
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        "Stevan S." <sjsan@bga.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6 Books

Stevan S. wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Well I covered just about all the documentation, handbook , and FAQ that I
> could get my hands on.  I was thinking of getting the book "The Complete
> FreeBSD".

Don't have it, but my mentor, an AIX Systems Engineer says it is very
good. If you get it, look thru the archives and/or post a question to
freebsd-questions, because the Author posted a message of corrections
to it (which happens to every computer book in the world)

I've found "Unix System Administration Handbook" to be very valuable.
As have many others. Its by Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass and Hein, published
by Prentice Hall. It's become known as "The Red Book".

ML Duke