Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 18:18:48 -0400
From:      Craig Struble <cstruble@quirk.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A little off-topic, but.. Fresco?

On Thu, June 29, 1995 at 23:09:38 (+0100), Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
 > Hmmm.  Well, all I can say is that I got Fresco and all of the
 > applications for it on the contrib tape but one to work, but I was
 > still disappointed with their lack of quality and the fact that they
 > seemed to use _athena_ widgets for all GUI objects!  Are there no
 > clothes on the Fresco emperor or what? ;-)

Well, the best that can be said is that they give the appearance that
Fresco works. The real test is having dish work. With all the static
constructors floating around, and with the ld.so in 2.0.5, dish blows
up quickly (and button gives me funky garbage, even with the ld.so
changes that Doug made). After Doug's patches, dish works
perfectly. That give me a warm fuzzy (or was that the homebrew I'm
about to grab :-).

The Fresco version I have doesn't look like Athena at all. Looks
almost NeXTish to me. Maybe the new version does better. You have a
direct connection to the Internet, right? I can plop a window up on
your screen if you like.
	See ya later,
		Craig
--
Craig Struble - Grad Student, Consultant, | World's most versatile C program
Student ACM Co-President, Virginia Tech   | (*nix version)