Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:01:07 -0600
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        XDrAcOX@mci2000.COM
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting on the WWW...

DrAcO wrote:

> I am very new to FreeBSD....  I have a question about getting on the WWW
> from FreeBSD.  How do you do it???  What program do you run.  I dont
> know how to set it up or anything.  Could someone please help me???

Lynx is a text browser which has the advantage of being much faster
than those with the graphical bells and whistles, but a disadvantage is
that a lot of people who design web
sites don't even _know_ there are people who use text only, and so they
don't include alternate text with their graphics, which renders some
sites completely useless. (i.e., "Link" tells you nothing)

But, with x windows & Netscape, you can just jump to another terminal
and have a look anyhow.

Prior to the above you need ppp or pppd. This probably isn't a whole
lot of help, but is just to let you know that what you need is
available.

ML Duke