Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 20:35:56 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        garya@ics.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stty -- not

>The handbook implies hex numbers are allowed:
>
>bamboo|ps|PS|S|panasonic|Panasonic KX-P4455 PostScript v51.4:\
>        :sh:sd=/var/spool/lpd/bamboo:\
>        :lp=/dev/ttyd5:fs#0x82000e1:xs#0x820:\
>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looking at the source, decimal and octal numbers are allowed.  Hex numbers
are apparantly not allowed.

I have not looked at the handbook, so I don't know what it would have.
Sorry.

>I tried that using fs#0x10, fs#020, and fs#16, to no avail;
>so, taking sean's advice,
>I found OPOST and ONLCR in termios.h, and tried fs#3, also to no avail.
>So then I tried covering the world with 0xff, 0377, and 255,
>but got nowhere.
>
>So...
>How the heck *do* you turn those bits on, and what are the right
>ones?

I have NO IDEA.  That is why I wrote the changes to lpd and printcap to
allow using stty-like strings -- because I could never figure out what the
stupid bits were supposed to be.  I *think* you just need 03 to get what you
want -- but I'm not sure.

But I don't know if you need to set xs, or xc, or fs, or fc to set or clear
other bits.

Sean.