Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 13:54:46 -0700
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, ron@infi.net
Subject:   Re: SysAdmin Tools - ideas wanted

> > Normal human consider it "OK" to run Microsoft products.  Normal
> > humans are wrong.
> >

> Really, it's not my fault.  They make me run Win95.  It's not too bad, the

It's popular to bash uSoft. They make a lot of money. However, the
little puzzle pieces on the clouds packages for uSoft Office, Office
Pro, and the small business pack stuff do fit together, and the
stuff works pretty well. It fills a need, and with add-ons like
Eudora, it makes a productive work environment.

I like FreeBSD for the server for Win95 and Macs, I prefer the
programming environment, and I like the stability. However, I don't
think it has the applications infrastructure to replace the client
side, and heaven knows, Unix-like boxes are harder to manage. Making
a FreeBSD box GUI enhanced for administration isn't going to make
it a suitable desktop machine for the masses. I buy uSoft products
when I need 'em. I also get a kick getting a credit for "Not shipped
with OS" when I order a machine without DOS or Windows.

This ought to go somewhere other than questions. Trashcan, maybe :-)
--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good