Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 1997 15:53:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.2 and 3com 3c905

I've got a pentium gateway 2000 machine with a 3com 3c905 in it.
I installed 2.2.2 from the CD.  The vx driver sees it and properly
identifies it.  However, it's not working.

I used the DOS util to set the card to 10baseT.  The vx driver no longer
says to set it manually rather than use the auto-select.  I guess this
is good...

However, it says I'm using the mii interface.  That's cute, as this card
doesn't have a mii interface (on the outside at least).  It's got the
normal 8-pin modular connector on it.

I tried doing ifconfig vx0 link2 (which the man page says is UTP port)
and it says:

vx0: warning:
vx0: selected mii. (default)

The link light on the hub does not light.

Suggestions?

Kenneth