Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:12:28 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        XDrAcOX@mci2000.COM
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting on the WWW...

On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 03:51:30PM -0400, DrAcO wrote:
> I am very new to FreeBSD....  I have a question about getting on the WWW
> from FreeBSD.  How do you do it???  What program do you run.  I dont
> know how to set it up or anything.  Could someone please help me???

I'll guess that you mean you want to browse around the web.
Here's how most of us do it:

Get an Internet account somewhere
Install FreeBSD
Set up ppp to dial into the Internet provider
Use a web browser.

One web browser for FreeBSD you can use is called lynx, but it only
gives you the text. If you want to see the web graphically, you wil
have to set up the X Window System on your FreeBSD machine, and then
install something like Netscape from the freebsd ports collection.

For information about how to do all of this, try starting at
http://www.freebsd.org/newbies.html

If you get stuck, you can write to another address for help,
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org. Try to work it out yourself first
though, there's a lot of documentation to help you.

For more information about freebsd-newbies (this mailing list) see
http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-