Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 1998 21:53:09 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith), lcremean@tidalwave.net, atf3r@cs.virginia.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Splash screen (splashkit) for 3.0 systems...

> > Somebody mentioned that the W95 startup image is 320x400.  Anyone have
> > a handy description of this mode?  I presume it's one of the ugly paged
> > ones... 8(
>
> Yup, its a modeX'd version of normal 320x200, alas same mem layout as
> modeX. I can easily put it into syscons (both 320x400 & 320x480)...
> Should I ??

If it means we can say "use Windows 95 startup screens", yes please.
I could still do with "how to set pixel at x,y with palette entry z"
instructions though.

There are updated diffs at ftp://ftp.gsoft.com.au/misc; I temporarily
moved the splash startup into scattach because bootverbose doesn't seem
to be set properly on the first call to scinit().  I'm still not happy
with the current splash model; I'm leaning towards the splash being
effectively a separate console, rather than being attached to a "normal"
 console.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\