Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:17:56 +0200
From:      Florent Peterschmitt <florent@peterschmitt.fr>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd_hda - not redirecting sound to "headphone"

------enig2MFCBGMPRGJSJCWFXIGSU

On 12.06.2013 17:10, Florent Peterschmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> It's a known bug (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D174573) =
and
> I would to know if there is something that can be done to get
> informations of where things goes wrong?
>=20
> I've enabled debug.bootverbose, it gives sooo may informations, I can't=

> imagine understand it=85
>=20
> In debug mode the driver say having redirected sound to headphones when=

> I connect it to the jack port, and if I disconnect it it says
> redirecting sound to main, which are speakers.
>=20
> But nothing to headset and speaker fully functional when headset not
> connected.
>=20
> So?
>=20
Hum my bad, I was using VLC rather than something simpler like cat
/dev/urandom > /dev/dspX.Y

But, shouldn't we have a /dev/dsp that would act as a link to the
default /dev/dspX.Y used as output ?

--=20
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent@peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.
+33 (0)6 64 33 97 92           |  * Send PDF for documents.
http://florent.peterschmitt.fr | Thank you :)