Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:10:39 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "R.Mahmatkhanov" <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-mount using ntfs-3g

> Date:   Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:20:38 +0400
> From:   "R.Mahmatkhanov" <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
>
> Kevin Oberman пишет:
> > I need to use ntfs-3g for mounting NTFS disks as R/W. Unfortunately,
> > when I plug in a removable drive, I get:
> > ntfs-3g: Unknown option '-m'. Please see 'mount_ntfs --help' for more
> > information.
> >
> > I need to make gnome-mount use '-o umask=' instead of -m. Is this
> > possible without major surgery?
>
> Try to play with GConf editor. See that tree:
> /system/storage/default_options/ntfs-3g, and ``mount_options'' key value.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing the option to '-o umask=0'
and simply deleting it, but I still can't seem to get it to mount. I
should mention that I soft-link mount_ntfs to ntfs-3g, so the option
that was biting me was under /system/storage/default_options/ntfs.

Is there a way to get gnome-mount to use ntfs-3g directly? I assume that
there is since there is a gconf entry for it.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)