Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:23:28 -0500
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   what userland files are necessary for an installworld?

Basically, I suspect I have some dead pre-5.x libs rotting in my
tree. I would like to cleanup /usr/lib and /usr/bin to get rid of old
binaries. Is the /usr/obj directory self-contained? Does it need a lot
of stuff outside of it?

I know base bootstrap tools are builded in /usr/obj, but what is
needed in order to be able to call them?

I'm having a lot of weird problems here I suspect are due to stray
files (see below for references).

If I could, I'd just bust /usr/lib and /usr/bin and (why not!) /bin
and /sbin..

What's the limit? How much damage can you inflict to the distro and
still be able to recover with a installworld?

Thanks,

A.

These are the 2 mails I sent to -ports@ and -current@