Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:30:12 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA CF

Mike Smith wrote:

> Not to be so gloomy, but what makes you think that such activity is
> likely?  How about making it a condition first? 8)

CF cards are become more common day by day ... I think they are an
important add for the FreeBSD mobile users (especially those that are
using 3.0-current).

> You must be kidding.  Only the very worst or smallest laptops only have
> one IDE channel; almost everyone puts the CDROM on the second channel
> to improve performance.

Let's say things in other way ... Every Libretto (like mine) has only
one ide interfaces :-) and I am plenty of CF cards (psion s5, canon
powershot 350, kodak dc25 and the washing machine :-)
Have I to be more explicit ? :-)

Btw : I am joking but I hope to see this features committed soon...

--

Regards...

Gianmarco
"Unix expert since yesterday"